What is that one sentence you wish you heard everyday from family,friends,loved ones.
Growing up, many of us heard more about what we were doing wrong than what we were doing right (from people who had the same experience growing up). And for a lot of us, there were more punishments than rewards,more criticisms than praises.
It makes sense now that so many kids grow into anxious, insecure adolescents and then matured into fearful, self-doubting adults.
But friend, you are not a child anymore, and you know better now than to believe everything you are told.
More importantly, you don’t have to continue hurting and criticizing yourself. You don’t have to bully yourself over your perceived shortcomings. You can stop the cycle. I can stop the cycle. We all can.
We all have the power, every day, to give ourselves the same kind of love and support we’d want from other people. In fact, it’s a prerequisite to getting love and support from others, because we’re only ever open to receiving what we believe we deserve.
We all deserve to hear these things—from others and ourselves,so look into the mirror and tell yourself :
1. I love you just the way you are.
2. When you need something to believe in, start with yourself.
3. I’ll always be here for you. I love you unconditionally.
4. You deserve to be happy.
5. You look beautiful.
6. Don’t be afraid—you are good enough.
7. I believe you are very capable of taking care of yourself, with or without someone else to take care of you.
8. Anything you can imagine is possible. The only thing to fear is fear itself.
9. Everything will be okay. Even if its not, it will be.
10. You are enough as you are.
11. You are an individual and are perfect the way you are now.
12. You can do anything you set your mind to.
13. It’s okay to make a mistake.
14. I believe in you.
15. You tried—that’s good enough.
16. I’m proud of you.
17. You don’t need permission from anyone to dream and explore your interests and passions.
18. You have a beautiful soul.
19. You are safe.
20. You’re doing great.
21. You can do anything.
22. I want the best for you.
23. You’re handling it beautifully.
24. You are awesome.
25. I love and accept you no matter what.
Imagine what the world would be like if we all told ourselves these things every day.
Imagine a world full of people who believe in themselves, encourage themselves, and forgive themselves for their mistakes.
Imagine a world full of people who speak to themselves kindly and look in the mirror and see nothing but love—and then take the positive, loving energy into their interactions with others.
I’d like to be part of that world. And I know it starts with me and you.