Its been 2weeks since I posted, I have missed you guys. I took time off to work on some projects, but I am back now. I am back with an amazing recipe. Eating healthy is everything to me, and I always find ways or at least try to eat healthy and make healthy dishes. I am not a big fan of red meat, so instead of cooking with red meat, I cook with a lot of seafood or poultry. Last week I was online and I came across a recipe I liked, I decided to put my own spin on it, perfected it before showing the world aka my snapchat family. I made the best cinnamon turkey meatballs and I had it with pasta. I know I know cooking with cinnamon seems weird but it was so good I refused to share it with anyone. A lot of people asked me to share the recipe on this platform, and I am more than happy to do so.
Lets get to it
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound minced turkey
- Handful of each mint, parsley finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt, and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the onion is translucent. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Place the minced turkey, chopped herbs, salt, egg, black pepper and spices in a large bowl.
- Add the onion and garlic and use a fork to mix well; roll into golf-ball-sized meatballs.
- Heat a pan. Add the remaining tablespoons of oil and start frying the meatballs in batches, cooking for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate while you fry the next batch.
- Once all the meatballs are browned, add the crushed tomatoes, cinnamon stickto the pan. Season with a generous pinch of salt and add back in the browned meatballs.
- Partially cover the pot and simmer gently for 30.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and rosemary and serve with pasta
(To cook pasta, follow the instruction that comes with the package when pasta is cooked, rinse under water to stop cooking and set aside)
This dish goes well with a bottle of wine. So make this for dinner tonight and send me pictures.