Hello Friends, welcome back to my blog. As you all know I am a proud lover of good food especially when it is a healthy good food. I want to share with you lovelies this amazing recipe. It is very similar to my chili recipe.
This recipe is super filling and can be eaten with bread or alone.
Hearty Veggie and Beans soup
- 10 tbs olive oil
- 1 large red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large head of celery with leaves, roughly chopped (you can also use Kale)
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup of chopped boiled potatoes
- 1 cup chopped canned tomatoes
- 1 canned butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock ( or 2 cups of water and 1 cube of seasoning)
Method: Place a large saucepan over a medium heat and add 6 tbs of the olive oil. Once hot, add the chopped onion, celery or kale and sea salt. Cook for 10 minutes until soft, stirring occasionally so that it doesn’t burn. Next add the garlic, chopped potatoes and chopped tomatoes. Mix together well. Then add the remaining ingredients to the pan and stir to combine. Bring to a gentle bubble and leave to cook for a further 10 minutes with a lid over the pan. After 10 minutes, taste the soup for necessary seasoning. Pour the remaining 4 tablespoons of olive oil over the soup and serve with lemon wedges and crispy bread or eat alone with a glass of iced tea.
I hope you try out this recipe