June Is just hours away, I mean I can smell Christmas already. 2017 has been an amazing year so far and I am loving every bit of it. One of my goals of 2017 is save religiously, and also save for a vacation. I know a lot of people find it very difficult to save and maintain a luxurious lifestyle, but friends let me tell you, I have been saving and still living like a baby girl. I thought I was going to be hard to save as hard as I am doing now and still live a baby girl life, but I have been trying and I am here to share tips. Lets get into it.
- Stay Debt Free: Owing Is like the number one financial trouble you can cause for yourself. Never borrow money to buy what you don’t need, or what you know wont bring in any returns. You can never save and owe. Pay off all debt and start afresh. Being debt free brings inner peace.
- Always Make A Budget After Saving: After removing your savings, make a list of things you need to buy and all your expenses even down to cinema expenses.
- Don’t Spend Money You Don’t Have: I always tell my friends this, spending money you don’t have leads to owing or spending out of your budget.
- Have A Treat Day: Have at least one day in the week where you treat yourself. This day’s budget should also be in your budget. On your treat day try something different, go see a movie, swimming, treat yourself to a massage, get a manicure etc
- Find Deals : If you want to live a luxurious lifestyle and still save, you need to learn how to find deals, big thanks to social media, we can now easily know when our favorite spa is having a service sales or when there’s a promo on our favorite product. For example I know that on Mondays , Nail bar offers 50% off manicure, sky lounge offers free drinks after 5pm on Tuesdays . I also know some brands that offer loads of promos and discounts on products/services. If you need a list, comment below
- Follow Bloggers/Influencers On Social Media: I am a blogger, and I know it has its perks and I’m very grateful. We get deals, coupons, discount codes all the time for our followers/readers. I highly suggest that if you want to live a luxurious life and save, then you need to follow influencers, especially the ones in your city. Influencers are always in the know, they have ideas on the latest everything, products, deals etc
- Make Your Own Food: I tell people cooking/making your food saves you loads of money. I make my own food and I get people asking me “what restaurant did you get your lunch from”, I’m like I made it myself. I love cooking and I can say I cook pretty good and super fast, but if you don’t like cooking then you can make yourself little things like sandwiches, salads, iced coffees, tea etc.
- The 24 Hours Rule: When I see something I love, I experience an immediate reaction where I feel like I have to have it. I start to imagine how it will make my life better. But I’ve found that that feeling often fades after about 24 hours. If I’m still thinking about it the next morning, it’s probably worthwhile. If it hunts me in my dreams and I haven’t gone out of my budget, then I go get it.
- Learn To Mix It Up: I always tell my friends learn to mix It up. When I go shopping especially food shopping I get loads of veggies from the mall and then some from the market. Do not buy what you can get from the market and cheaper from the mall.
- Find Alternatives: I always tell people this, we have alternatives to everything. Don’t go about buying luxury items eg makeup when you can get good drugstore alternatives.
I hope these tips helps, if you need list of services/products with loads of discounts etc. Please leave a comment below.