I have a love hate relationship with Mondays, maybe more of love and not hate, but we an all agree that some Mondays sucks. My Mondays are all for meetings and most of these meetings trust me are super boring, long or just plain unnecessary . Apart from unproductive meetings, I love Mondays . I think Mondays set the tone for the rest of the work week, I actually most times look forward to it. However I have friends or I know loads of people that out right hate Mondays, I don’t know if its their job that sucks, or just plain hatred for Mondays.
Today I bring you a Monday antidote, steps you can take to have a suck less Monday. I have taken these steps and I am loving Mondays. I even look forward to tomorrow (meetings all lined up, but they are fun meetings) I am excited.
- Plan Your Week: I can not stress how important it is to plan your week, plan your work week even from the weekend. You don’t want to get all stressed on Monday morning, trying to iron your clothes, pack your bags or make your lunch. Let all of these be ready the night before.
- Practice Yoga/ Workout: Sweating it out on a Monday morning is a very good way to start your day. You will feel super energized and light.
- Killer Outfits: Monday should always be set aside as the killer smart outfit day, I don’t care if you’re an entrepreneur or professional, make extra effort to look work chic on a Monday . Get your hair, nails etc. done during the weekend. On Monday morning put on that outfit, wear a nice perfume/cologne and get out there ready to take on the world. Trust me a chic outfit can brighten your day instantly .
- Take A Break & Give Thanks: I do not mean your normal break hour, take a 5 minutes break from work or what ever you are doing and just give thanks. Give thanks for something around you, give thanks for your day or even for your colleagues. You can also use that 5minutes break to mediate. Trust me doing this will soothe your mind and soul and you will just feel like a happy child through out the day.
- Make Someone Else Happy: Making a difference in another persons life or just putting a smile on another person’s face can change your entire day and week. Help a stranger out, get coffee for a co-worker, compliment your colleague , get lunch for a friend. Trust me one of the best way to cheer yourself up is to make someone else happy.
- Have a Plan After Your Working Hours: Don’t just work, work and work. Plan to do something for yourself after work. Catch up with friends, watch a TV show, go see a movie or read a book, but no drinking. (Remember the next day is a Tuesday)
- What Really Is The Problem: If you hate Monday so much, then maybe it isn’t the day you hate, but your job or your working environment. Try and change your working environment, switch up your desk, or if you are so unhappy with your job, quit. Do not remain in a job that makes you unhappy daily.
- Finally Hydrate: Don’t forget to stay hydrated as you add value to the world.
Happy Almost Monday.