It is time for every one of us to take charge and control of our health, we have been so bless by God that we have every natural product to make us healthy, we need to stop running to the doctor for every single ailment, because I believe too much drugs in the body isn’t healthy…….that’s just too much toxin. We can prevent diseases even before they come, we can get out healthy and body in shape by simply living a healthy and clean life-style and that is why today I introduce one of my favorite healthy routine which started last year December DETOX. Detoxification or detox is the process of removing toxic substances from the body. When you start feeling sluggish or out of sync, struggling with skin problems, aches and pains, or digestive problems, can’t seem to lose weight? It might be time for a body detox. Once in a while give your body a break from processed foods, dairy and animal products. Processed foods are so prevalent in our diet and it can be full of toxins and chemicals, and it’s a good experiment to see how it feels to avoid them for a few days. I detox every second weekend of the month, and since I am partially a vegetarian, I just eliminate eggs, milk from my food for that weekend. Animal products have protein and fat. Although both are essential nutrients, they create more work for your digestive tract, so it makes sense to avoid them while trying to cleanse also. You can eat your fruits and veggies raw or cooked, but avoid additives like butter or sugar.
How do you start a detox?
First of all you have to be disciplined!!! When you going through your detox stick to the diet.
- Lighten up your toxin load. Eliminate alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, refined sugars and saturated fats, all of which act as toxins in the body and are obstacles to your healing process. Also, minimize use of chemical-based household cleaners and personal health care products (cleansers, shampoos, deodorants), and substitute natural alternatives, e.g. Shea butter, honey baking soda (hope you know baking soda is a wonderful cleanser)
- Another deterrent to good health is stress, which triggers your body to release stress hormones into your system, too much stress in create toxins and slow down detoxification enzymes in the liver. Yoga, going to the spa (go on DealDey.com and get amazing spa deals), meditation are simple and effective ways to relieve stress by resetting your physical and mental reactions to the inevitable stress life will bring.
- Eat plenty of fiber, including brown rice, wheat, fresh fruits and vegetables…. beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, lettuce, lemons are excellent detoxifying foods.
- Cleanse and detox by also taking herbal tea, or green tea
- Drink loads of water during this detox period, at least 10 cups a day, make detox water by adding lemon and mint to your water.
- Do loads of writing also, take time to walk alone and spend time with yourself and your thoughts
- Practice hydrotherapy by taking a very hot shower for five minutes, allowing the water to run on your back. Follow with cold water for 30 seconds. Do this three times, and then get into bed for 30 minutes
- Detox with a friend, it is so much fun to detox with your friend ,sister or neighbor you can support each other through applaud successes, as well as sharing recipes and tips.
- Eat slowly. During a detox, you can stretch out your meals by chewing thoroughly and without hurry. Slow eating also aids digestion.
- Get some rest. You might find that detoxing makes you feel more energetic, or that it increases your lethargy. Either way, it’s important to get sufficient sleep while you’re fasting. Make sure you clock at least 8 hours a night, with afternoon naps added if necessary
NOTE: Don’t attempt strenuous activities such as running or weight training while detoxing.