Going on a vegan diet has been an amazing journey, I mean I have lost over 6 pounds since I started. I decided to go on a vegan diet with my dear friend and fellow foodie Lola, we both love food and we are both good cooks, so we decided to try out vegan meals for some weeks. However I think I will remain on this diet for months. For breakfast I have been having either smoothie, coffee or my new and latest addiction “Vegan pancakes”. It is the easiest thing to make and super yummy. I do think I will ever have a normal/regular pancake again. This recipe is suitable for both vegans and non-vegans and less than 400calories .
Lets get to it.
- 2 over ripe banana
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- Little olive oil or vegan butter for the pan
- In a large bowl, mash the banana. Add the olive oil, and coconut or almond milk. Stir to combine.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder. Mix together.
- Place a tablespoon of vegan buttery spread or droplets of olive oil in a pan and heat over medium low heat.
- Once the pan is hot, spoon the batter into the pan. Cook the pancakes low and slow, it may take about 3-4 minutes on each side. Once the pancakes are done around the edges, flip them over. Cook for about 3 or 4 minutes more, then remove from pan.
- Repeat with remaining pancakes. Top with fruits and syrup.