Hey friends, welcome back to my blog. This healthy living/vegan life is amazing, I mean I had no idea what bulgur wheat was, and how good it tasted. I have literally eaten bulgur wheat everyday for dinner in every single style. My favorite way of making bulgur wheat is the stir-fry method. It is super easy to make and guess what friends, under 250 calories.
NOTE: I added chicken to this recipe (didn’t eat the chicken though) for chicken lovers. This is totally optional, if you make yours without the chicken, just skip the chicken step.
Lets get to it:
- 1 Cup bulgur wheat
- Handful of bell pepper (diced) Note: You can use any vegetable you want (Carrot, broccoli, mushroom, egg plant etc)
- 2 Chicken fillet (cleaned and sliced into thin pieces)
- Olive oil
- Salt/black pepper to season
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- Parsley to garnish
- Parboil your bulgur wheat (using salted water, when it is semi cooked, drain water keep aside)
- If you are using chicken, pan fry your chicken, add salt and pepper. Remove chicken from pan (If you are not using chicken, you can skip this step)
- Put oil in a large hot pan and spread evenly around.
- Add scallions, onion and garlic. Cook about a minute or two until starts getting tender.
- Add all other vegetables , add chicken (optional) stir fry enough to lightly brown.
- Add black pepper and all other seasonings
- Add bulgur wheat and stir well until well incorporated.
- Taste for perfection
- Turn off heat and serve.
- Sprinkle parsley and enjoy